Monday, November 10, 2008

My First Bike Ride

Ryan had today off from work for Veteran's Day...he has a nice boss who gave him off both today and tomorrow. I haven't been able to exercise since the birth of Sara due to some medical problems and I got the okay from the doctor to go for an "easy" bike ride with no hills. I had to do the unthinkable and park at the bottom of our road (which I always swore I'd never do). For those of you that haven't been here, it's pretty steep...but still. Regardless, it felt SO good to get out and do some exercise for the first time in a LONG time. Let's just say it was a painful ride in more ways than one...I forgot how much my neck, elbows, wrists, bum, legs, arms, etc can hurt...but it was still a good ride and it felt so good to have fresh air blowing in my face!

Okay so I am not sure what Kelley has written thus far. We are currently switching off with Sara because she is having a ROUGH night. When I mean ROUGH I mean HORRIBLE. Kelley and I have tried everything to get this girl to settle down. We have reached into our bag of tricks and pulled out all the stops and still have a crying girl. When I say we have tried everything I mean we have tried EVERYTHING. Kelley and I even got to the point where we set her in her crib and let her cry for 5 minutes. Once we went in there she was content for the next 5 minutes. Then back to the screaming. She is obviously not feeling good this evening:(

Kelley and I have both been pushed to our absolute edge over the past 7 weeks. We have REALLY started to think that this whole "Let's Have A Kid" idea was not the best decision that we have ever made. Though as I write these words I feel bad about even suggesting that we have given second thoughts and that our little princess has been anything but. I am not sure why we have been blessed with the world's fussiest baby but I am sure there is some good explanation.

Kelley and I have heard everything from it's just because we are first time parents to we feed her too much or too little and that she just needs a good cry. We have been trying our hardest to forget the fact that most of our friends seem to have angel babies that sleep gracefully through the day and night and convince ourselves that her fussiness is due to the fact that she is going to be a VERY smart, active, strong, and independent woman.

Please keep in mind that everything written by me (Ryan) in the last couple of paragraphs was written in the heat of the moment. I figured that I would post it in the interest of letting you all get a candid view of our lives and emotions. Please understand that we both TRUELY love our little girl and that we are just going through some really rough times. Things will get better....

(This is Kelley again) Wow, we're still trying to settle Sara, it's 9:15 and she started screaming at 5:00 tonight. It's been a LONG night so far and it's not even over. No matter what we try she just won't stop crying!!! Help!

As for the rest of the day, after the bike ride, we decided to attempt to drive to town to pick up a little tent for Sara to bring to the beach. We timed it just right so that she'd hopefully go to sleep in the car if we were lucky. Amazingly, we got her asleep and she stayed asleep for 20 minutes!! Woohoo! Ryan would have to slow down well before a stop light and keep brake checking so we wouldn't actually come to a complete stop in order for her to stay asleep, and it worked.

Here's a picture of her in the tent at a park where we stopped so I .....


(This is Ryan again) We are still going at it! It is now 1000 PM. At this rate we will be burning the mid-night oil before you know it. This is the MOST frustrating thing I have ever done:(......


....could feed her.



Ok enough of this blog, I can't even concentrate anymore...(Kel)


.....yeah I know. It's now 10:30 and Kel is on duty. DAMN THIS SUCKS!!!

2 comments:

Michelle Simmons said...

Oh my gosh I don't know how you guys do it! Babies are hard enough when they're NOT crying... Moana had a wicked case of gas the last couple of days and it was clearly really painful b/c it was a different kind of scream/cry than I'd heard before, always followed by a loud fart and then some calm before starting the process over again. :( Luckily the gas seems to have passed tonight.
Sara must be exhausted! Crying like that takes a lot of energy... Here's hoping you get some peace soon!!

Shevaun said...

Hang in there. It will get easier with time. My girls are 6 & 8, but I still remember the early years. There were a couple times, I, too, questioned the wisdom of becoming a parent. Those moments are short lived, when you experience all the other joys they bring.