Monday, August 25, 2008

Freedom and Nesting...

I was officially released from my solitary confinement to the couch on Friday! It's kind of bittersweet. It feels nice to not be as freaked out about going into preterm labor (although I'm not officially term until Thursday) but now that I'm so deconditioned and the baby is so low, nothing has really changed. I tried going for a walk with Tyla but made it about 10 minutes and had to sit down because Baby H thinks it wants to come out on it's own (I know it won't be that easy!). Holy moly, do I have some interesting pains...the shooting ones are my favorite though :-) I made it to the pool today to try to swim a little and made it a whopping 500 yards! Woo Hoo! For those of you not familiar with length, that was a typical warm up for me (and I'm not a swimmer). But regardless, it felt SOOOO good to swim, almost like I was human again!

With all this time I have, now that the Olympics are over, I have officially began nesting. Two of my friends were over (Megan and Christina) and noticed how many water bottles Ryan and I have accumulated over the years from various races. They brought to my attention that I might need to make room for some baby bottles here in the near future.

So I'm in the process of tossing some of the older ones. I'm also cleaning out filing cabinets that have needed it for a few years but never got around to it.

Ryan and I were reminising this weekend about last year at this time and how we had just completed the Cycle to the Sun on Maui. This is a bike race that goes from sea level to 10,000 feet in 36 miles, up the side of Mt. Haleakala. Wow, how life has changed!


We're about to embark on a new race in our lives and we're very excited!!

3 comments:

Michelle Simmons said...

Yeah, 150 water bottles... maybe not so necessary! Glad you're able to get out and about some now. Must have felt great to get in the water, even if it was for such a short time. It'll all come back quickly! :)

Anonymous said...

someone is gonna be blessed by all the water bottles you donate :)

Fennells said...

We were also reminiscing about last year's cycle to the sun weekend, and the one the year before. Miss you guys! Those were good times!!!