Monday, August 11, 2008

Olympics

So if there's one thing that's great about being essentially bound to the house is that the Olympics are on! I'm feeling pretty much like a house right now. I guess I kind of am a house for the little baby though. Almost 8 weeks of "bed rest" has started to take a toll on my psyche (is that a word?) But...I can live vicariously through these amazing athletes as they represent our awesome country! The men's 4 x 100 team was absolutely phenomenal!! Ryan and I were screaming at the TV last night (Michelle, between our two houses I bet the whole windward side heard us :-) and I was trying to contain myself so baby didn't get too excited...he/she got a taste of competition last night. The gymnastics will prove to be exciting as well, even though the women didn't have a great start...hopefully they can pull through...I guess we'll have to wait and see...

"Flipper" is definitely growing in my belly and seems to get a little irritated that there's not as much room for it's usual back flips...now I should probably start calling her/him "Kicker"...maybe he/she will be a karate kid or a good swimmer (with it's kicking ability I think she/he will be a better swimmer than me...I go backwards when I kick!) The size of the belly is taking a toll on the old back. Not having exercised for almost two months has allowed my back muscles to essentially disappear. But I think by the time I give birth I'll have really strong back muscle from holding the belly up and really strong abs from all the contractions...that's what I'm hoping for anyways :-)

1 comment:

Michelle Simmons said...

Yeah- it's a good thing the Olympics are only on once every 4 years... Of course, this is a great time to be pregnant and jobless- I might not leave the house for the next 3 weeks!

Think your baby will arrive in time to see the closing ceremonies? ;)

PS- my email is michelle.simmons08@yahoo.com