Thursday, October 9, 2008

Our New Best Friend


Let's just say that after 36 hours of constant crying (unless she's eating) we finally got smart and pulled out the bouncy seat. It was our last resort and she seems to love it...for now! She's been quite the little fussy pants for the last few days and we were all at our wits end (at least I was...thanks to lack of sleep!)...until I pulled out the infamous bouncy seat. Let's hope she continues to like it so I have some reprieve when Jane leaves tomorrow. :-( It's very nice to have 3 sets of hands with Jane being here. It allows Ryan and I to have some moments of sanity when she's screaming bloody murder, and we've been eating like kings and queens and our house is clean!
I think Sara inherited her lungs from the Gavin side because we're all pretty boisterous :-) We took her to the doctor yesterday because she's started this crazy grunting (all day and through the night) and me being the paranoid first time parent I wanted to make sure she was okay. The doctor didn't seem to be worried which makes me not worry...thank you doctor! She is definitely a hefty eater...she gained a whopping whole pound in one week. I must have some nutritious milk! We're looking forward to the golden 6 week mark when the fussiness is "supposed" to subside (notice supposed to). She's actually a really good baby..she just has her moments :-) as I'm sure all babies do.

Here's a picture of her looking at the doll Meme (Gavin) gave her...she actually pushed it away from Ryan (and who says the don't have control of their hands yet!)

4 comments:

Sis Hatty said...

She looks so tiny in the bouncy seat. :) She was probably thinking "what took you so long to pull this cool seat out?"

Sis Hatty said...

Oh... and how many times has Tyla tried to take the doll for herself. hehehe

Anonymous said...

good job! elijah use to sleep in his swing - until like 3 months! hahah stock up on batteries :)

cant wait to meet her!!! bring her by :)

hugs
megan

Fennells said...

She's changed so much already!!!! Kai had a runny nose and grunting too in his first or second week and that freaked me out too! I can't believe how much weight she is gaining, that it is so great! I guess the sleepy stage is over now eh??? Hang in there. At 3 months they sort of just stop crying. I know that seems like a long way off now.....

I'll call soon! I have a friend visiting until Tuesday but I'll call then.