Sunday, July 13, 2008

Granola and Practicing for Baby...

I think I've been nesting lately...or possibly just trying to get through my boredom :-) I decided to attempt to make homemade granola. My friend Louise was my inspiration for it because before she moved to Mass. she made the BEST homemade granola ever!! Unfortunately mine didn't quite live up to hers but it was still pretty good for a first try.

I didn't really have a recipe so I kind of just added ingredients here and there. I used some oats, peanuts, almonds, walnuts, coconut, and sunflower seeds and added a concoction of heated honey, brown sugar, oil, cinnamon, and a little salt and mixed it all together and put it in the oven at 350 degrees. The tricky part is constantly stirring it every 5 minutes and not letting it burn. After I let it cool I added a bunch of dried fruit like craisins, raisins, and dates (little ones and big ones). I think I added too much of the liquid ingredients because it ended up pretty sticky but still really good. So now we have a ton of granola that I add to yogurt with fresh fruit...pretty tasty!!

On a side note, here's a picture of Ryan practicing rocking the baby...


2 comments:

Maggs said...

I'll trade you some granola for some avocados ;-) The granola looks good. Ryan looks like a natural rocking the baby!

Fennells said...

I'll send you the recipe I use but yours looks pretty yummy and sticky sounds good!