Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Maui Trip...


We just got back from a long weekend in Maui with my mom. I actually came back a few days early because my lovely contractions started back again...ugh! I'm planted back on my usual place of residence...the couch. This "modified" bed rest is definitely not my favorite thing to do. As my friend Christina reminded me, maybe all those nagging injuries I've had for the last few years will actually have time to heal...got to remember to keep the glass full right now :-)
Here are some pictures from our trip...


Mom made me pose for this one :-)

Ryan was really into hats this trip so here's a sampling...


It was definitely a different trip then usual. We didn't do a whole lot but it was nice and relaxing. Ryan got a few long runs in and a nice ocean swim. I did a lot of napping and floundered in the water with my mom (she actually swam and I floated). Yesterday morning Ryan had to stay at the condo to work (he worked from Maui yesterday...someone has to bring home the bacon!) so Mom and I went down to the beach below her condo for our morning swim. When we arrived it was absolutely gorgeous (the picture at the top was the beach where we were looking across at Molokai). I noticed a huge animal in the water which turned out to be a honu (turtle) so my mom was off to take a look...I frolicked behind her to try to make it but was too slow...hehehe! Then all of the sudden another creature jumped way out of the water, it was a bat ray...it was the coolest sight...a flying bat ray and a big old honu. What a day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome!! sounds like a great trip! you look so cute in all the photos- the one your mom had you pose for is my fav! CUTE!

Fennells said...

Sounds awesome! I second Megan. You look so cute!!!
Love, L.

Michelle Simmons said...

You do look really cute, Kelley! I have some free time tomorrow (Wed)... would love to bring you lunch and eat it with you on your couch and chat about how fun it is to watch your belly grow everyday... HA! Let me know if you're game!

Anonymous said...

Wish we were there to keep you company, but you guys look like you are keeping entertained. You both look good!!
Love, Mom H.

Fennells said...

Those hats would go great w/ a couple of bib shorts I have. Where did you get them???