Friday, July 18, 2008

Pearl


It's official!! I'm officially driving a "grocery getting, soccer mom" minivan! And the funny thing is that I'm pleasantly surprised. I thought I'd be REALLY sad to get rid of the 4Runner, which I was at first, but after driving off the lot in "Pearl" I am pretty excited. There's nothing like the new car smell, even if it's a minivan! I'll post more pictures of the inside later...that's the pretty part.

It was pretty funny haggling with the trade-in appraiser. In Hawaii, they don't really haggle at ALL for the price of the new vehicle like on the mainland. It's pretty much you pay what they say because there are three Toyota dealers on the island and they're all owned by the same company. On the mainland, Ryan and I would go back and forth and really stick it to them in the end, but not the case here. Except....we somehow managed to haggle with the trade-in guy. The price of the car was set but not the trade in. I don't think he expected us to be as persistent (or funny/obnoxious) as we were. In the end we got $1000 more for the 4Runner than he wanted to initially give us, it wasn't a great deal, but we were happy that we at least got a little deal. Who could resist giving a deal to a preggo woman :-)
The final drive in the 4Runner...she treated me good for the 5 1/2 years I drove her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats!!! welcome to the club!