Saturday, September 20, 2008

Last Weekend as Pre-Parents...

So I guess this is the last weekend being pre-parents...as long as all goes as planned with the induction. I got a call on Friday and we found out that the doc will induce me on Thursday (25th) instead of Friday because the hospital was overscheduled for Friday. That is unless....Baby H decides to enter the world on it's own before then...come on baby! :-) This morning Ryan got up early and went for a run (while I of course slept in...it's kind of sad that 7:00 is considered sleeping in for me). I've been trying to sleep in more now before the baby gets here because EVERYONE (including strangers) tells us how much sleep we need to get now because our sleeping is pretty much over when the baby arrives. You have to love all the great advice people give you. I want to say...no, I'm trying to sleep as little as possible before the baby gets here. Speaking of advice, when I was walking Tyla on the beach the other morning (one of my three daily walks) I had this woman come up to me and ask the usual "when are you due?" question and then asked if I took Lamaze classes. After I told I hadn't, she proceeded to tell me about the whole premise of Lamaze and how I need to FEEL each of the feelings (like burning, cramping, stabbing, etc. you get my point). Wow, how nice of you to give me such a great idea of how labor is going to feel...Thanks for reminding me! Oh the joys of strangers...at least she didn't ask to rub my belly..hahaha!

Anyways...that was kind of an aside (I think baby brain is still with me). After Ryan's run we took Tyla to the beach for our daily swim and went to a movie. It didn't end up being exactly what we expected...Burn after Reading with Brad Pitt and George Clooney. Let's just say it was definitely DIFFERENT than we expected...but still fun to go to a movie. Then to the grocery store to stock up on some food.

Now we're enjoying some down time...Ryan's on the couch snoring as I write this...he's trying to catch up on the precious ZZZ's that everyone keeps telling us about :-)

Other than that, no new action from Baby H! Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Michelle Simmons said...

Glad you're getting sleep! :) I swear, I'm not sleeping much at all these days. I wake up at about 4 AM and just lay in bed wishing I could go back to sleep. Not sure why I'm an insomniac all of a sudden?
Sending vibes to Baby H... time to come meet the world!!!