Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Big White Box

Well, the fridge arrived today...and boy is it HUGE! We actually decided on the smaller of two choices and I'm sure glad we did. It looks enormous in our tiny little kitchen but it will provide plenty of space for Ryan and my hefty appetites. Good thing it's an Energy Saver model :-)

Here's a video of what it looks like (just for you Gma!)

On a side note, after the guys had installed the fridge I noticed a big scratch along our laminate flooring. Ryan had given me strict orders to make sure they didn't scratch the walls or floors and to make sure and say something if they had. So me and my quiet demeanor had to say something to the really nice delivery guy. But I got to use my husband as the excuse, so they didn't think it was me being annoying. Needless to say, the manager of the company called me shortly thereafter and came out to see this scratch (which I thought was a huge deal). He agreed to give us our delivery and discharge fee back plus a little ($100 refund). I was pretty excited. Ryan got home to see this HUGE scratch after he was really annoyed on the phone. His response was, "Is that all they did?" He thought it was an enormous gash. Regardless, they did the right thing because they had messed up our floor. And for those of you that have laid laminate flooring down, you know what a pain in the okole (translates to butt for you mainlanders) it is to fix it because you have to pull up the entire floor up until that point.

After dealing with that all day I was able to squeeze in a walk with Tyla on the beach in the morning, a swim workout at the pool in the afternoon, a nap, oh and a little work on my internship. All that and to think I started out the day feeling really bad. I still don't feel 100% but I guess that's what being pregnant is all about. Good days and bad days all blended together. Umm kinda sounds like what I think of parenthood. I am just enjoying the moment.

2 comments:

hatfields-in-hawaii said...

What? Mske me out to be the bad guy. Kelley is always the one to push the issue on things like this. And "quire demeanor" uuhhh yeah right. There is nothing quite demeanor about Kelley. What a CROCK!!!LOL

hatfields-in-hawaii said...

Hooked on Phonics Worked for me :-) Love you Ry!! Kel