Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Politics

So most people won't talk about politics...I am not one of them. I believe that we have absolutely no good candidate to choose from this next presidential election. I also believe that now, more so than ever before, we need a good leader and sadly I don't think either candidate will provide this. So what is left? You have to look at both candidates and ask yourself which is less destructive? I have never fully identified myself as either a democrat or republican and think the whole party system is failing us. I try to listen to arguments on both sides of the fence and stay well informed. However there are certain issues that I just can't get over. Take a look at this video. Some of the stuff mentioned is a little out there but the core of this information is startling. I see the momentum that Barrack is gaining among the ill informed and can't imagine how destructive he would be to America if voted in. We have a choice and you can well bet that my choice is not going to someone who refuses to wear a flag or pay respects to the national anthem. Issues like this go well beyond republican or democrat, this comes down to plain out right and wrong. Do the right thing.
-Ryan


3 comments:

Fennells said...

Hey Ry,

Interesting post. Not sure why I'm so interested when I can't even vote! The video certainly had some stuff in it that I was not aware of. But I have to say, I hate that kind of stuff (the video). It is blatant propaganda. Someone on Obama's side could probably create something just as damning about McCain. Psychological research shows that if you want someone to become even stronger in their opinion, just argue against it (innoculation theory) so this stuff doesn't usually work anyway.

If the biggest fault they can find with this guy is that his middle name is muslim (and that was a big part of the argument) then I'm not too worried about him. The other stuff.....

I had read some of this stuff in time magazine and other sources and it is amazing how something looks when taken totally out of context and with some fancy editing added in.

I had to laugh when I saw socialized medicine linked with communism.....that is some old fashioned fear mongering that has been seen already 100 times.

Anyway, gotta run...thanks for making me think today. Great to keep up with you guys. Now, to find some time to write on my own blog!

hatfields-in-hawaii said...

Thanks Louise. I agree that an equally bad video can be made about any person in the world and that many parts were over board. I also agree that the whole name thing is plain out childish and silly. Though there are many things "politically" people can agree or disagree on you CAN NOT dismiss the fact that Obama has followed the teachings of Black Liberation Theology for the past 20 years. A theology that teaches hatred under the guise of religion.
I don't know...when Obama first came into the public view I really liked him. He talks well and gives you a nice warm and fuzzy feeling. His promise of change is something that all Americans want, the problem is what kind of change will he bring?
Thanks again for your comments. Keep them coming.

Fennells said...

Hi Ry,

Yes, the black liberation theology stuff is scary. I completely agree that any religion that is predicated on violence and hatred is BAD NEWS. Some the video definitely makes me think....as it is intended to do.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Louise