Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday...Monday

Aloha All.

I know that in previous posts I have talked about living for today, enjoying all life has to give, and taking it all in but today being MONDAY it's kind of hard to live by those words. In the spirit of this I have copied two poems that I like. The first one is how I aspire to feel about work on Mondays. And the second one is how I really feel. I hope you enjoy...

A Monday Poem
Work
I do not "work" Instead, I "fun"
I try to goof And get things done
At the same time Love what I do Do what I love
And then can you Honestly say
You do not work You simply fun
And do not shirk Until it's done
The object then Midst all this strife Is not to work A day in life
For if you love That which you do It is not work NowI am through
Rich Melheim

Monday must be the most horrible of days.
The reasons it's horrible are too horrible to say.
But with that said, I'll try to explain Why Monday must bring us oh so much pain.
You see on Monday, you work with a frown.
The full work week ahead has gotten you down.
The weekend has come, and the weekend has passed,
And like all weekends it just didn’t last.
But Monday sure lasts, it lasts so long.
You keep checking your watch to see what’s wrong.
But against your wishes your watch is just fine.
Against your wishes you can’t speed up time.
So you sit and you wait and you pretend to work.
You dream of a boss that isn’t a jerk.
But then you wake up and you almost cry.
You wish and you wish that the day would just die.
But wait, please listen, don’t worry my friend.
For one thing is certain, all Mondays must end.
Now that it’s been said, I’ll say it again.
More Mondays will come and more Mondays will end

3 comments:

Fennells said...

Hi Guys,

Finally! I've been missing my Hatfield Blog fix! Ryan, your test is poetry is .... well..... ;-)

Seriously though...today is Tuesday and i hope its better!!!

Miss you guys!!!!

Fennells said...

Woops, I guess I can't spell on Tuesdays. What I meant to say was "taste" in poetry.

hatfields-in-hawaii said...

Sorry for the "Cat in the Hat" type poems but that's what ya get on Mondays:)