Monday, June 9, 2008

Stop and Live...

Woke up this morning to my alarm clock at 0530 for my daily walk with Tyla just like every other day but today something was different. Today I was extra tired and instead of getting out of bed decided to reset my alarm for 1 hour later. 0630 I rolled out of bed and started the day that seemed to never end. From the time I got up until now I realized that I didn't stop once. I did however get up, go to work (make money), come home, and take Tyla for a 4 mile run on the beach.

So many of you are thinking, "Wow what is wrong with that day?" I'll tell you what is wrong with this day, I didn't stop to live. "What do you mean stop to live", you might be thinking. I mean I didn't stop to give my wife a passionate kiss on my way out the door. I didn't stop to tell the gate guard on the way into the Marine Corps base "thanks for his service". I didn't take time to notice the sun rising over the Mokulua Islands. I didn't stop to help that old lady to her car after checking out at the mini mart. I didn't stop and think about the sacrifices that many people have given us when I heard taps at 0800. I didn't stop working for one moment throughout the day to call my wife and tell her I was thinking about her. I didn't stop and talk to my friends on the beach as I ran by; instead I just smiled and kept on my way. I didn't stop to watch the sun as is set over the Ko' Olau Mountains. And if it weren't for this blog this may have kept up for weeks on end...this is what I call not Stopping to Live and if you aren't careful, if you don't stop to live, life will be over and the only things that will have mattered will never have been enjoyed.

Life is a rat race that we all must partake in. Just because we must be a part of this rat race don't forget to stop and live. The good thing about all of this is that I have the rest of tonight to enjoy and tomorrow is a brand new day. No matter how busy things get I won't be too busy to enjoy life.

Anyhow...sorry about the lecture. But these are the kinds of things that go thru my head when I go for runs. Crazy stuff uh. That's why running is so great. You get in touch and grounded.
-Ryan

1 comment:

Sis Hatty said...

That's funny... I don't seem to get the same thoughts in my head when I run. What goes through my head is "are we almost done with this". :) I guess that's why you do all the crazy triathalons.